Chemical and Specialty Materials Warehousing
Rinchem's facilities are utilized by some of the most demanding industry leaders who require highly efficient and regulatory compliant operations backed by effective and dedicated people. Our facilities, specialized service capabilities, local transportation, and inventory management systems are the components which make up our comprehensive warehousing solutions.
Our modern, ISO 9001:2008 certified warehouses are strategically located near customer sites throughout North America and in parts of Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Rinchem does this to provide the best service and 24 hour just-in-time delivery to our customers. Each warehouse is designed for safe and efficient chemical storage and handling. These facilities follow the strictest of regulatory and quality standards to ensure all customer and regulatory requirements are met.
Many customers find it beneficial to use multiple Rinchem warehouses in combination with our long haul and local transportation services to build the most efficient supply chain model by eliminating handoffs and reducing overall logistics cost. Rinchem has built our business by providing customized supply chain solutions based on our comprehensive scope of services:
- Local and national warehousing network
- Local and long haul transportation services
- Ocean/air import and export capability
- Class 100 clean room operations (packaging inspections, dip tube exchange, sampling)
- Real-time, secure, online inventory visibility
Rinchem's inventory management capabilities include our award winning Web-based inventory management program called Chem-Star®. Our programs enable hub and spoke distribution models, pull-through distribution models, and allow for inventory pooling, increased shipping flexibility, and e-business transactions. We commit ourselves to continual innovation and improvement of our solutions to fit our clients' versatile challenges.
Chem-Star® allows each of our clients and their customers to track chemical inventories in real-time and run multiple reports from their own desktops.
The benefits of this system include:
- Web enablement
- Real-time information and a variety of reports
- Radio Frequency bar-coding
- Capability to interface with any Oracle, Microsoft, or SAP database
- Ability to view your inventory activity without phones, faxes, or e-mails
- Elimination of human error caused by keystroke entries or misplaced documents
- Concise activity reports to back up invoices
- Electronic receipt confirmation
- Direct customer web access (24/7)
- First in first out by lot rotation
- First expired first out
- Automated material expiration management
A major supplier of chemicals to the commercial printing industry decided to outsource distribution in the Texas area. Some product lines included hazardous materials that required specialized transportation and handling capabilities. "We needed a company that had the experience to manage hazardous chemicals and could ship orders quickly in an error-free manner," said the company’s director of logistics. Rinchem exceeded expectations, while coming in nearly 15 percent below the nearest competitive quote, according to the company’s director of logistics...